Family Engagement Team
Family Engagement team (FET)
Gusford community believes that children and families can be supported to be the best they can be through parents/carers, children and staff working together as a team. As parents/carers you are the most important people in your child's life and by working together in this way, we can provide Gusford children with the best possible emotional, social and academic start to their lives.
We know that family life can, at times, be both difficult and challenging. In order to support Gusford families with barriers they may face, Gusford has developed the Family Engagement Team. The Team works closely with the Gusford SENCO and Behaviour teams as part of the Student and Family Support Service (SAFS).
The Team consists of three qualified Family Support Practitioners who aim to provide an holistic, confidential and supportive environment for our families where children, parents and carers can feel comfortable sharing issues that may be affecting them. Our role is to support, guide and advise parents, carers and children to help them do their best through building positive relationships with you and your family and the wider school community.
How can the Family Engagement Team (FET) support Gusford families?
- Support positive behaviour (both at home and school)
- Provide parents/carer's with advice around routines and boundaries
- Help to improve school attendance
- Support and signpost families to gain support with domestic issues such as housing, finances, benefits, relationship issues
- Support and signpost families to gain support for children and parent/carers experiencing physical and mental health issues.
- Support families through any social care intervention.
- Carry out home visits to support parent/children in the home
- Parenting sessions
- Sessions with children raising self-esteem and confidence
- Support parents in accessing education for their child by assisting parents in completing school application forms
- Support parents/carers to access educational/vocational opportunities for their child/ren and themselves.
- Support to understand their child/children's school life and how parents/carers can positively support this.
Who can access Family Engagement Team (FET) support?
- The service is voluntary and free of charge.
- Parents/carers can refer themselves or their child/ren via an initial conversation with the child/ren's class teacher.
- The class teacher will then complete a SAFS referral and a member of the SAFS team will contact you directly.
- Gusford staff can refer parents/carers/children (with consent) to the Family Engagement Team via the SAFS referral system.
We look forward to meeting with you!
Kim Wright (Monday to Friday) & Sarah Walker (Monday to Wednesday)
Working hours: 8.30am to 3.30pm
Tanya Mann (Monday & Tuesday mornings and all day Wednesday to Friday)
The Gusford Family Engagement Team are actively involved with a number of outside agencies, some of which are listed below:
- Children and Young Peoples Services
- Children's Centres
- Parenting Advisory Team
- Early Help Team
- Suffolk Family Carers
- Suffolk Young Carers
- Suffolk Family Focus
Mental Health support
- Primary Mental Health Workers
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
- Integrated Delivery Team
- School Nursing Service
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Financial Inclusion and Advice Service (FIAS)
- Money Advice Service (MAS)
- Ropes Trust
- Lighthouse Women's Aid
- Anglia Care Trust
- Ipswich Borough Council
- Suffolk County Council
- Ipswich Housing Action Group
- Family Action Suffolk Housing Support Service - SNAP
- Health Visitors
- School Nursing Service
- Community Paediatrician
- Disability Advice Service
- Turning Point
- Survivors in Transition (SiT)
- Fresh Start New Beginnings
- Social Services
- Local Children's Safeguarding Board (LSCB)
- Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
- Suffolk Constabulary
- Suffolk Probation Service