There will be an opportunity to visit the school, prior to making your application, by attending one of our Open Mornings. Open Mornings for the September 2020 intake will be:
- Tuesday 15th October 2019
- Thursday 31st October 2019
- Wednesday 20th November 2019
All Open Mornings will start at 9:30am and finish at approximately 11:00am. There will be a tour of the school, including time in our Reception classrooms and a chance to ask any questions you may have.
We look forward to welcoming you to our school.
Gusford is an academy which is part of the Active Learning Trust and therefore follows the Active Learning Trust Admissions Policy which can be downloaded below.
Applying for a Reception Place
If you would like to apply for a reception place at Gusford Primary School please use the link below.
You can apply from 12 September 2019 until 15th January 2020.
If you register online for the application you will receive an email with details of your school offer on 16th April 2020.
If you wish to apply for a place to Gusford for your child outside the normal round of admissions for a reception place then please follow the procedure set out below.
1) Contact Gusford office for an application form, or print out and complete the application form below. Mrs Cutler deals with admissions and she wil be happy to speak to you about your application. We advise making an appointment to look around the school to see if Gusford suits your child.
** Please note if you are transferring from another local school with no address move, it is Suffolk and Gusford policy that transfer will not happen until the following half term. If you apply in the week before a half term or end of term holiday it counts as applying in the following half term. We strongly recommend talking to your child's current school about any problems rather than move your child as moving children from school to school can be detrimental.
2) Complete the application form and return it to the school. This will be processed by the school's admission panel within 10 working days. Mrs Cutler will inform you of whether your application has been successful.
3) If you are offered a place then we will ask you to come in for a visit with your child to talk through their strengths and needs. This allows us to place them in the right class and provide the best support for them.
If you have any questions about the admissions process then please speak to Mrs Cutler, Admissions Secretary at Gusford.
Application form for an 'in-year' admission - Please print and complete (paper copies available from our school office)
As part of the funding agreements, The Active Learning Trust is required to comply with the School Admissions Appeals Code. In the event of your application being unsuccessful all admission appeals should be referred to the ALT Central Office, and appeal hearings will be organised where appropriate. All letters refusing admission will give details of how to appeal the decision.
ALT Central Office's registered address is - Active Learning Trust, School Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire. CB6 2FG